Welcome to my 2021 Reading Resolutions post.
It’s become something of a little tradition on my blog to set out a few general reading hopes and goals for the coming year. Nothing too rigid, my Resolutions are general ideas and reminders about reading events and books I’d like to read soon.
As always I will participate in the Goodreads Challenge, setting myself a fairly low target. I enjoy keeping track of my reads and this challenge allows me to do that.
Beat the Backlist will also be making another appearance, to encourage me to stop neglecting books that have been on my TBR list for a while but never made it to the top.
- My own books – I want to try and give attention to books I already own by reading at least one of my own books per month.
- Readathons – I hope to participate in reading events and readathons and update my blog regularly throughout. In particular I’m looking out for Reader’s Imbibing Peril. I’d also like to find more readathon events to participate in.
- Genres – I’d like to continue reading a variety of genres, and in particular to read more fantasy. I’d also like to try some sci-fi as it’s a genre I haven’t really explored so far. The Wayfarers series by Becky Chambers may be my starting point.
- Particular authors…Read at least one backlist title by Stephen King. I already have copies of Different Seasons, Christine and Misery.
I’d also like to re-read the Dark Tower series which could be an ongoing project for the year.
Read at least one book by Agatha Christie, perhaps Death on the Nile or another of the Poirot series.
Read another book by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Simone St. James or Mary Robinette Kowal.
- Blog Updates – Continue my monthly update posts to record my reading and any challenge progress.
The Beat the Backlist Challenge
I want to read 20 books during the year
Possible Books to Read:
I created a list of potential reads for the year which I’ve included in my Beat the Backlist sign up post so I’ll post that here too…
The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton
Stoker’s Wilde West by Steven Hopstaken and Melissa Prusi
Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
The City We Became by N. K. Jemisin
The Book of Koli by M. R. Carey
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
The Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho