Welcome to my 2022 Reading Resolutions post.
It’s become something of a tradition on my blog to set out a few general reading hopes and goals for the coming year. Nothing too rigid, my Resolutions are mostly ideas and reminders about reading events and books I’d like to read soon.
As always I will participate in the Goodreads Challenge, setting myself a fairly low target. I enjoy keeping track of my reads and this challenge allows me to do that.
Beat the Backlist will also be making another appearance, to encourage me to give attention to some of the many books that have been on my TBR list for a while but never made it to the top.
- My own books – I want to give attention to books I already own by reading at least one of my own books per month.
- Readathons – I hope to participate in reading events and readathons and update my blog regularly throughout. In particular I’m looking out for Reader’s Imbibing Peril. I’d also like to find more readathon events to participate in, and know there are such as Wyrd and Wonder and Sci-Fi Month.
- Genres – I’d like to continue reading a variety of genres, and in particular to read more fantasy.
I’d also like to explore more of what I’m calling my Under-Explored genres – Science Fiction, Crime and Historical.
- Particular authors…The Dark Tower Series Part 2 – I read half of this series by Stephen King last year and I’d like to carry on and read the rest.
I’d also like to read at least one other backlist title by Stephen King. I have copies of The Talisman, Different Seasons, Christine and Misery.
Read at least one book by any of the following – Agatha Christie, Donna Tartt, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Laura Purcell.
- Blog Updates – Continue monthly update posts to record my reading and any challenge progress.
I’d like to read 20 books during the year
Possible Books to Read:
I created a list of potential reads for the year which I’ve included in my Beat the Backlist sign up post so I’ll post that here too…
The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
The Shape of Darkness by Laura Purcell
The Lamplighters by Emma Stonex
The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss
The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
The City We Became by N. K. Jemisin
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
The Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
There are many more books that I would like to include in my Backlist challenge but don’t want to make this list too exhaustive.