Welcome to my Monthly Reading Review.
This post is my attempt to keep track of how I’m doing with my reading challenges and resolutions.
BOOKS I’VE READ
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
The Six by Luca Veste
Hercule Poirot’s Christmas (Poirot #20) by Agatha Christie
Stoker’s Wilde by Steven Hopstaken and Melissa Prusi
Total Library Books Read This Month: 4
Total Own Books Read This Month: 0
Overall Total Books Read This Month: 4
Total Library Books Read 2020: 4
Total Own Books Read 2020: 0
Overall Total Books Read 2020: 4
MY READ OF THE MONTH
I’ve really tried but I just can’t choose between two of my reads this month, so they’ll both have to have a mention…
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. All my reads this month have been enjoyable for different reasons, but the magic of this book, and the many stories contained within the main tale were a real reading pleasure.
Stoker’s Wilde by Steven Hopstaken and Melissa Prusi – Bram Stoker and Oscar Wilde are pitted against supernatural forces intent on taking over. I couldn’t put this one down, and didn’t want it to end.
My total for this challenge is currently 4 books read. So far I’ve read:
Beat the Backlist Bingo is making another appearance this year. I have no idea how many categories I’ll manage to complete but it’s a little extra to add to my challenge.
Borrowed it for the cover – The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. I wanted to read this from the moment I first heard about it, but I’m using it for this category because I never got tired of looking at the cover. I also think this may be a contender for the category of a top 10 read of the year.
Released in the 2010’s – The Six by Luca Veste
Written before 2010 – Hercule Poirot’s Christmas (Poirot #20) by Agatha Christie
Wish you had read it sooner – Stoker’s Wilde by Steven Hopstaken and Melissa Prusi
My target for 2020 is initially 20 books, which has become a regular starting point for this challenge. I keep it low because my love for long books means it takes a while for me to complete a book, and don’t want to feel rushed – I like to take my time with a good book.
This month I read 4 books, which isn’t a bad start.
- I took part in my first read-a-thon of the year, Bout of Books, and kept my blog updated throughout.
- I’ve read different genres this month, including Thriller, Fantasy and Mystery, and have found something to enjoy in all of them.
- I’ve (mostly) kept up with writing reviews, which is good as I’ve read more than I thought I would this month.
- My Beat the Backlist challenge is off to a decent start. I’ve read 4 books so far and each one has counted towards Beat the Backlist Bingo too.
- Particular authors… I read another Agatha Christie novel, Hercule Poirot’s Christmas.
- I’m continuing my monthly update posts to record my reading and any challenge progress I’ve made.
So concludes January’s Reading Review. See you again next month.