Welcome to my 2019 Reading Resolutions post.
It’s become something of a little tradition on my blog to set out a few general reading hopes and goals for the coming year. Nothing too rigid, my Resolutions are general ideas and reminders about reading events and books I’d like to read soon.
As always I will participate in the Goodreads Challenge, setting myself a fairly low target. I enjoy keeping track of my reads and this challenge allows me to do that.
Beat the Backlist will also be making another appearance, to encourage me to stop neglecting books that have been on my TBR list for a while but never made it to the top.
- I want to try and give some attention to books I already own by reading at least one of my own books, either e-book or real book per month.
- To participate in reading events and readathons and keep my blog regularly updated with progress. In particular I’m looking out for Bout of Books and Reader’s Imbibing Peril. I’d also like to find more readathon events to participate in.
- To read a variety of genres, but to carry on indulging my love of Fantasy/Dystopia/Post Apocalypse stories. I’d really like to read more Fantasy than I managed last year.
- Continue reading Agatha Christie, particularly the Poirot series.
- To try and read some more Sci-Fi titles to enjoy as it’s a genre I’ve not really touched on so far.
- Continue my Harry Potter re-read
- Maybe try another audio book. Specifically, try one audio book per month, assuming I enjoy my first experience.
- To continue my monthly update posts to record how I’m doing in keeping up with my challenges.
I want to read 20 books during the year
Possible Books to Read:
The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
Any Agatha Christie titles
Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
Different Seasons by Stephen King
Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
The Death of Mrs Westaway by Ruth Ware
Rotherweird by Andrew Caldecott and Sasha Laika
Gilded Cage by Vic James
The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
The Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
The Illumination of Ursula Flight by Anna-Marie Crowhurst
Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh
Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft
The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
The Mitford Murders by Jessica Fellowes
Misery by Stephen King
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
The Remnant by Charlie Fletcher